Friday, August 15, 2008

Wonderful Week With Nana

We had a wonderful week with Nana. She helps cook (what little we did) and do laundry and loves on Nathan. She enjoys sweets and shares my love for gymnastics. We had so much fun staying up late and watching the olympics. She is now on her way back to Kentucky. It's been a long time since I've cried because my family was far away. I remember as a teenager when we moved to North Carolina, crying everytime we visited with our family in Alabama and we had to leave or they had to leave us in NC. Today brought back some of those same emotions again. Tough stuff. I never knew Shane's parents and from time to time it still makes me sad that I never knew them and Nathan never will. But I feel very blessed to have Brenda for a mother-in-law and I hope she will be able to make this "week in Alabama" an annual thing.

No comments: