Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Play Time

God is speaking some of the same to the Yanceys and the Yates. Monday afternoon Nathan took a shorter nap than usual which means more Mama entertaining time between nap and dinner. With no errands to run and plenty of TV time already for the day, I was not happy when he woke up early. I thought "Oh, let's go to the library. We haven't been there in a while." But no, Nathan wasn't interested in the library so finally I sucked it up, smothered myself in skin so soft, grabbed a big glass of ice water and we headed out to the backyard. Nathan played in our yard and the neighbors' yard. He loves to climb up in Mr. Paul's old green Ford and play around. While he was occupied in the truck I grabbed my drink to cool off. Well, little man was quite hot and sweaty so the water didn't last long. After we shared the water we had to share the ice. As we were out there hanging out on this old green Ford, under the shade, chomping on ice, it hit me what a blessing to have time to do such things on a Monday afternoon. Many mamas are at work, waiting on 5:00, to rush out the door, go pick up the kids at daycare, rush home, prepare dinner, bathe the kids and put them to bed. Thank God for providing so I can stay at home with Nathan as much as I do. This morning Nathan woke up early at 6:30 so we had plenty of "Mama entertaining time" again. With all the visible chores done yesterday I had nothing to do but play so I got down in the floor and we played blocks, cars and trucks and trains. And we had fun. Sometimes it is a blessing to have a kid who helps you be a kid again.

No comments: