Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas in Kentucky

We made the transition from Pell City to Kentucky on Christmas Day with Nathan taking a 3 1/2 hr nap in the van and an interesting dinner at a Chinese buffet including a miniature octopus on Shane's plate. Yum! Nathan is always very excited to see his Nana and his cousins and Shane is always glad to be "home." We had so much fun visiting with Caleb, Silas, Canaan and little Claire this year as well. Shane got to go shopping with Corey and pick out his new ipod and showed off his cooking skills by using his new mandolin (sp?)slicer to cut and fry homemade potato chips for everyone. We also got to have some adult hangout time where I officially helped win some pieces of the pie for me and Shane in the trivial pursuit game and I won Settlers of Cattan. Playing games is so much more fun when you win! Our time together seemed to end as quickly as it began and it's hard for me to believe Christmas has come and gone.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is always a wonderful time when I have my family with me.I did love the trivia pursuit game(as you know I am not a game person).I just miss everyone so much and miss hearing those precious little voices calling for Nana