Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nathan's First Computer

(This is Shane)
I performed a wedding on Saturday so I had a little money. It wasn't enough to get a gadget for me, but I really had that "I want to buy a gadget" fever. So Nathan and I were playing at Wal-Mart and I saw the LeapPad "click start" computer was on sale for $30.

I was worried about the precedence it would set if I bought him something big not on his birthday, but then I realized that the computer wouldn't be any bigger of a deal than a new car to him so why not.

After a few minor issues with the batteries (I had one turned the wrong was so it didn't work at first) we were up and running. Hearing Nathan cackle as he uses the mouse to pop bubble or wash Mater has made the past couple of days fun.

I am amazed at his mouse skills already. He isn't perfect, but he can click on the game he wants, and when he remembers to take his finger off the button he can do most of the activities. It took me longer than that to learn to use a mouse and I was 18 the first time I held one. Anyway, Nathan has a new computer. I really am trying to make him into a little me.

1 comment:

KY Nana said...

He is already a little you.