Sunday, April 12, 2009

Family Easter Fun


Friday we had a visit from FeFe, One and Amanda. They spent the night with us Friday night and Saturday morning went with us to the Easter Egg Hunt at Parkview and then helped us dye Easter Eggs at home.

Bro. John and Kay shared the story of Easter through the Resurrection Eggs. After the second egg was opened my not so shy Nathan starts hollering "I want an egg! I want an egg!" And Mrs. Kay was sweet enough to let him open one.

Nathan is not a run for the eggs hunter. He is more of a pick and choose hunter. After he realized there was candy in each egg he wanted to open each one and see what was inside before moving on to look for more.


He also had a blast dyeing eggs with everyone. This was Shane's idea again and Nathan loved it. He loved stirring the tablets in the water and watching in turn different colors. He loved "plunking" the eggs down in the cups and seeing them come out different colors. He and I both had blue and green hands by the time it was done but it was worth it. Even today he was fascinated with his dyed eggs, counting them and looking at their decorations and showing them to me and Shane over and over again.


2 comments:

Ky Nana said...

It amazes me that every generation from My parents,to me,our children and their children love to dye easter eggs. it is a tradition all children love.
Glad Nathan is doing better
Happy Easter

Sumer said...

I love the he is picky about which eggs he gets! Too cute!