Monday, February 7, 2011

Dude, Where’s Your Shirt?

Sometimes things with a 1 year old are almost too cute to explain. We have a normal bed time ritual with Noah that goes something like this. We put him to bed, let him roll around and cry for a while, go into his room and collect his pacifier and blanket, lay him back down and he goes to sleep.

Well, tonight I was a little late getting back into his room, and his normal crying noises were replaced by the sound of his jumping up and down in the bed. When I went to check on him the pictures below show what I saw. Noah, was standing up, smiling and playing with his shirt unbuttoned and thrown on the floor. Meredith and I both though it was cute and laughed with him. He giggled too, and eventually we put his shirt back on (an old fashion button up type of pajama shirt) and after letting him play on my bed with me for a bit put him back in his room.

IMG_2577IMG_2578

Well, it wasn’t long before I heard what sounded like Noah giggling or talking followed by being upset again. But it wasn’t your typical I don’t want to go to sleep upsetness. When I walked into his room his shirt was off in the floor again and he was sitting with his feet sticking out of the bars looking down at his pacifier, blanket, shirt, and everything else from his bed that he had thrown in the floor.

But what was the funniest part is that as soon as I opened the door he pointed down at the floor and started giggling. I can’t swear to it, but I think that he took his shirt off on purpose because he knew that it made me and Meredith laugh so much the first time. So we had to take another picture even though he had been crying and slobbering, because really it was just too cute.

After that we put a regular pj shirt on him and put him to bed. We haven’t heard another peep from his room since.

IMG_2582

No comments: