Friday, October 1, 2010

Frisbee Golf

Technically it is disc golf, but I am not arguing, and you will see why when I tell you my story. Yesterday I wanted to run to Walmart before Noah's nap. I got everyone ready to go and then decided that the effort of putting them all in the car and going out there really wasn't worth it. But Nathan still wanted to go somewhere. I tried to convince him that we could just stay home and play and then out of the blue he says, (wait for it)

"Can we play Frisbee Golf?"

I can't tell you how fast I agreed and got them loaded in the car before he could change his mind. We went to the playground and threw for a while and then he and Noah played for a while. (I have decided that Noah can't walk because he is way too fast on his knees. The boy crawled all over the playground).

Later, knowing how much Nathan likes to act out what he watches I let him watch a disc golf tournament online. He was fascinated and watched for about 20 minutes (even after I got bored and walked off to do other things.) So after soccer practice we had to get the discs back out and throw again. He ran around the field throwing discs for over 30 minutes until I finally had pity on Noah and said we needed to go home.

Some dads dream about playing catch with their sons in the back yard, but playing disc golf until the sun goes down with my little boy is pretty much a dream come true.

No comments: