Friday, August 20, 2010

New Albany Museums

Well, at least they are new to us. The other day when I was at the aquarium with the youth I found a museum and planetarium that looked pretty cool, but it was closed. One of the things that they had were old trains (like real trains as you see in the picture) and I thought it would be fun to take Nathan in to see it. The website made it look like these two museums (that are sort of connected) were big things with lots to see. In actuality the history museum was one and a half rooms and the other was just some interactive stuff outside of the planetarium. But they were both free and there were trains and the people in the museum were very nice, and even offered to change the planetarium show to the kids cartoon if we wanted to watch. Of course I couldn’t convince Nathan to go it, but both places were free so it wasn’t a bad day.

Afterwards we went to the mall to look for some soccer cleats. The only ones we found were black and red and I don’t know what color uniform he will have and I don’t want his cleats to clash so I passed and went looking at Target. We found a pair one size too big, but since Meredith is at the beach an not answering her phone I had to use my own judgment not to buy them. I guess he will go in tennis shoes for his “tryout” tomorrow.

Anyway, enough with the stories. Here are some pictures.

104_9294

Waiting for our pizza at Mellow Mushroom.

104_9292

Noah looking like he is in the spirit of “the Mushroom.”

 104_9293  104_9298 104_9299

 104_9302

Outside the planetarium.

 104_9303 104_9304

This was pretty cool. You could turn a wheel and pick the date and find out what the sky looked like. Nathan thought it was fun.

 104_9307 104_9309

In the history museum they had this big bear that someone had gone to Alaska and killed way back in 1976. Yes that’s right it is younger than me and in a history museum. Anyway, I liked the image of Noah looking scared and then laughing at it.

104_9314 104_9315 104_9317 104_9319 104_9320

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Oh, I love it! Looks like you had a great day! See you tomorrow!